Lourmarin Sunlight

We'll always have Paris.

【摘抄】黑金杀机 - The Counselor

花了一个星期的地铁时间看完了这部大牌云集但是扑街的电影。其实并不像评价的那么难看。不过也确实很需要耐性。台词写得很不错,摘录了最后一段最长的。里面蕴含了太深刻的道理,以至于我把台词有一半都重翻了一遍可还是很难理解。



Actions create consequences which produce new worlds, and they're all different.

行动创造结果,从而产生新的世界,并且,这些世界都不一样。

Where the bodies are buried in the desert, that is a certain world.

尸体埋进沙漠里,那是一个世界;

Where the bodies are simply left to be found, that is another.

单纯留着被发现,又是另一个。

And all these worlds, heretofore unknown to us, they must have always been there, must they not?

而迄今为止我们仍一无所知的这些世界,必定一直都存在着,不是吗?

Counselor, at some point, you have to acknowledge the reality of the world that you're in.

律师,有些时候,你得承认你所在世界的真实性。

There's not some other world.

没有所谓的他方世界;

This is not a hiatus.

也没有生存的罅隙。


I would urge you to see the truth of the situation you're in, Counselor.

律师,我强烈促请你认清你的处境。

That is my advice.

这就是我的建议。

It is not for me to tell you what you should have doneor not done.

你该不该做什么不应当由我来告诉你。

The world in which you seek to undo the mistakes that you made, is different from the world where the mistakes were made.

你想弥补过错的那个世界,和你犯下错误的那个世界并不是同一个。

You are now at the crossing, and you want to choose, but there is no choosing there.

你现在走到十字路口,你想做出选择,但选择并不存在。

There's only accepting.

你只能接受。

The choosing was done a long time ago.

因为你很久以前就已经做出了选择。

Reflective men often find themselves at a place removed from the realities of life.

深思熟虑的人常常会脱离现实生活。

In any case, we should all prepare a place where we can accommodate all the tragedies that sooner or later will come to our lives.

无论如何,我们都该准备好接纳人生迟早会出现的悲剧。

But this is an economy few people care to practice.

但事实上很少有人会认真去执行这件事。

Do you know the words of Machado?

你知道马查多的诗吗?

Lovely poet.

他是个很棒的诗人。

Machado was a school teacher, and he married a young,beautiful girl.

马查多当过老师,他娶了一个年轻貌美的女孩。

And he loved her very much.

他非常爱她。

And she died.

后来她死了。

And then he became a great poet.

之后他成为伟大的诗人。

Machado would have traded every word, every poem,every verse he ever wrote for one more hour with his beloved.

为了跟他心爱的人多相处一小时,马查多愿意拿他写的每个字句,每一首诗,每一行字去交换。

And that is because when it comes to grief, the normal rules of exchange do not apply, because grief transcends value.

那是因为悲伤无法适用于交易的通则,因为悲伤不可衡量。

A man would give entire nations to life grief off his heart, and yet, you cannot buy anything with grief.

人愿意交出全世界,只求摆脱内心的悲伤,然而,悲伤却什么都买不到。

Because grief is worthless.

因为悲伤一文不值。

Because you continue to deny the reality of the world you're in.

因为你不断否认你所处世界的真实性。

Do you love your wife so much, so completely, that you would exchange places with her upon the wheel?

你完完全全深爱你太太,甚至愿意跟她交换命运吗?

And I don’t mean dying, because dying is easy.

我不是在说死亡,因为死很容易。


Well, that is good to hear, Counselor.

律师,很高兴听到你这么说。

(Counselor) You said I was that man at that crossing.

(律师)你说我是站在十字路口的那个人。

Yes. At the understanding that life is not going to take you back.

是的,但是你要明白,人生不能回头。

You are the world you have created, and when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist.

你就是你创造的世界,当你停止存在,你所创造的世界也会停止存在。

But for those with the understanding that they're living the last days of the world, death acquires a different meaning.

但对于知道余生所剩无几的人来说, 死亡带给他们的意义不尽相同。

The extinction of all reality is a concept no resignation can encompass.

一切现实的消亡是一个就算死人也无法实现的概念。(即便是死也无法令一切现实消亡。)

And yet, in that despair, which is transcendent, you will find the ancient understanding that the philosopher's stone will always be found despised and buried in the mud.

然而,你会在凌驾一切的绝望之中发现,自古以来,贤者之石会总是被人轻视并埋入泥淖之中。

This may seem a small thing in the face of annihilation until annihilation occurs.

你始终不会理解灰飞烟灭为何物,直至它真正发生。

And then, all the grand designs and all the grand plans will be finally exposed and revealed for what they are.

然后,所有的伟大构想与宏伟计划终将暴露其本质。


评论
热度(5)
2016-07-21